April, 2014 DeRoos Drumbeat
If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again.
1. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. The banana’s shape does kind of smile at you doesn’t it?
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout for a powerful energy punch while sustaining your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
6. Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
7. Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel.
8. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
Going bananas doesn’t sound all that bad after all.
Promoting a lifestyle of preventative care!