Please visit part 1 of this TOP 10 Diseases series called “Heart Matters”.
When you hear the words “You Have Cancer” from your doctor this can naturally be very distressing and fill you with fear, anxiety, and confusion. This news can be like a death sentence. The thoughts of panic set in creating more stress that our physical bodies have a hard time dealing with.
I have great news: most cancers are reversible with holistic therapies that address imbalances of the body, mind, and spirit. This is not an opinion; it is a statement of fact that’s based on first-hand experience by so many cancer sufferers.
The sad thing is that more than 1 million people in the United States alone get cancer each year, and as of 2009, a total of 562,340 deaths from cancer were projected to occur in the United States yearly. In fact the United States has the lowest healthy life expectancy rate of all modern industrialized countries. The healthy life expectancy score is based on how long you live, the quality of your life in the last 15 years of your life, and is proportional to Doctor visits and access to medical care. So we spend double on healthcare and yet have the worst healthy life expectancy rate. Something doesn’t add up. Further, sugary snacks and sweetened beverages are often served at Cancer Centers throughout the US while patients are receiving their chemotherapy treatments. Cancer feeds on sugar. Even diet plans cancer patients are encouraged to consume are Boost and Ensure, puddings, and jello’s ALL containing unhealthy sugars. What is wrong with this picture? We aren’t learning.
In addition, most cancer patients will opt in for chemotherapy out of the fear of diagnosis and generally suggested treatment. But did you know that “97% of the time chemotherapy doesn’t work? So why do we still do it?” asks Dr. Peter Glidden.
According to the CDC, A new report says cancer has replaced heart disease as the leading cause of death in 22 states. In the United States map to the right, we can see which states cancer is more prevalent to the incidents of cancer. I have listed 6 of 17 top stats for types of cancer in 2017, from Cancer.Gov below:
- Breast Cancer (female-male) 252,710 – 2,470
- Lung Cаnсеr (222,500) – Cancer is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous threats to firefighters. Make smart choices and utilize best practices to reduce your risk.
- Prostate (161,360)
- Colon/Rectal Combined (135,430)
- Melanoma (tumor) (87,110)
- Bladder (79,030)
The above stats are frightening to say the least. Thеrе аrе more thаn 200 kindѕ оf саnсеr and each hаѕ diffеrеnt signs аnd ѕуmрtоmѕ, but some gеnеrаl ѕignѕ аnd symptoms whiсh аrе associated with аll types оf саnсеr. Don’t you think it’s time to rethink how we fight the cancer battle. Again, the good news is there are many strategies and cures for cancer, but these cures do not come from the pharmaceutical industry, and you don’t have to be among the statistics. You can be in full control of preventing and creating a healing atmosphere. Let’s revive an old idea and starve cancer to death. In order to fight the cancer war, we need to know how cancer works.
Cancer is a symptom of an already sick body; but it is not the main problem. “Cancer is something that our body does in order for our cells to survive in an increasingly inhospitable nutrient deprived cellular environment.” Dr. Otto Warburg, a German biochemist, states that the prime cause of cancer is a replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by the fermentation of sugar. He discovered that cancer was caused by low oxygen and acidic pH. The immune system becomes overwhelmed and fails to allow the cancerous cells to grow and spread. Stress hormones can inhibit a process called anoikis, which kills diseased cells and prevents them from spreading. In other words the lack of oxygen at cellular level kills cells. A cell deprived of 35% oxygen for 48 hours turns cancerous.
So, you may have already guessed that Oxygen is critical for our cells to thrive. Healthy cells are aerobic meaning that they burn oxygen and glucose (blood sugar) in order to produce the energy currency for the cells. The process is referred to as aerobic respiration, and the cycle of creating energy is called the Krebs Cycle. “If you don’t have enough cement, and you try to put a lot of bricks together, you’re going to collapse,” says Dr. Warburg. But a lack of oxygen is only part of the cause. Earlier we stated that cancer feeds on sugar.
CANCER GROWTH FACTS:
Cancer thrives on sugar and carbohydrates such as refined grains, breads, potatoes, white rice, corn, highly glycemic fruits and all the hidden sugars that are in the processed foods that are being eaten.
Cancer cells have 10 to 20 times more insulin receptors per cell than normal cells do with two receptors to enable them to suck up all the glucose much faster than normal cells do. This is why they grow and spread quickly. The body immediately increases the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) to stimulate cell growth and invade other surrounding tissues.
Did you know the average American drinks 45 gals of sugary beverages a year? Refined Sugars and Grains elevate insulin which leads to premature aging and degenerative diseases.
- Did you know hidden sugars are in lunch meats, pizza sauces, breads, soups, crackers, fruit drinks, canned foods, yogurt, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc.
- Did you know: White Rice, White Pasta, White Bread turn into sugar contributing to your sugar load
- Did you know white sugar is an anti-nutrient. It offers no vitamins and minerals and it robs your body of its precious nutrient stores.
It has been said that inflammation is at the root of most diseases. So what causes inflammation?
Cancer cells release a lactic acid by-product that further increases the acidity of the body. This then creates inflammation. Inflammation is the underlying issue that behaves like fertilizer for the cell and dictates cancerous tumor initiation, progression, and growth. Inflammatory responses are the body’s natural reaction to stress, but unfortunately inflammation is at the root of most diseases. Studies suggest that 30 percent to 40 percent of all kinds of cancer can be prevented with a healthy lifestyle and dietary measures! There are other sources that claim that this number is much higher, with around 75 percent of cancer cases being lifestyle-related.
Cancer’s number one hidden cause is stress. We all deal with it. The positive use of stress helps pressure us and motivates us to perform well at any given task. The body responds to physical, mental, or emotional pressure by releasing stress hormones that increase blood pressure, speed heart rate, and raise blood sugar levels. These changes help a person act with greater strength and speed to escape a perceived threat. But more often we succumb to these stresses by making poor choices. Under stress one may develop certain behaviors, such as smoking, overeating, drinking alcohol, lack of sleep, or having little or no physical activity. all which increase a person’s risk for cancer. Experimental studies suggest that psychological stress can affect a tumor’s ability to grow and spread. We all know this can create physical and emotional problems. Did you know that up to 90% of doctor visits are related to stress? Our bodies were not created to deal with the uncontrolled, constant stresses that we experience today over a long period of time. When people feel that they are unable to manage or control changes caused by cancer or normal life activities, they are in distress. Distress has become increasingly recognized as a factor that can reduce the quality of life of cancer patients. Take stress seriously and learn how to deal with it.
Are You Living an Inflammatory Lifestyle?
Here is what Ty Bollinger with The Truth About Cancer website has to say:
Did you know chronic stress literally alters your immune system in such a way that your immune cells think they’re fighting some kind of trauma or infection – even when they’re not?
- 4 foods and food ingredients that cause inflammation are:Sugar, Grains, Gluten, GMOs
- 3 lifestyle factors that contribute to inflammation in the body: Stress, Lack of Sleep, Anxiety & Depression
- Nearly All foods that cause inflammation are: heavily processed or otherwise chemically modified.
Create a healing atmosphere needs a willingness to make choices that decrease inflammation, generate an alkalizing body, lower blood glucose, eliminate toxins, and consume optimum nutrients. Here are some powerful breakthrough patterns to strengthen your health journey.
- Exercise brings more oxygen to those cells.
- Improved circulation with a reduced risk of blood clots.
- Improved muscle strength
- A sense of empowerment
- Improved mood and state of mind
- Greater confidence in your ability to beat cancer
- Greater independence
- Reduced risk of depression or anxiety
- Create your own routine: Start stretching, make it fun by adding a little dancing jig while you do your chores or move about with exaggerated moves, little by little increasing your movement and getting into the habit of it is a great first step.Be sure to allow yourself periods of rest to help build your stamina for exercise and heal and never push yourself beyond your limits.
Spiritual health promotes bodily health. The way we feel generates a huge impact on our hormones, neurotransmitters, digestion, gut health, and more. Choose God’s Word which is an uplifter of the soul and mind and gives you peace and strength. Listen to Worship music that brings joy and even healing. Yoga has been widely accepted and has even been embraced in the church. Please listen to Caryl Matrisciana, an expert in the field of Yoga meditation to find out why this middle eastern practice is a spiritually detrimental hinderance to your health. Yoga Expert
Prayer Is Good Medicine. Prayer strengthens our defenses against stressors and the corresponding rise in hormones like cortisol. Lower cortisol promotes better health by fighting numerous stress-related diseases, including heart disease, obesity, cancer, and cognitive or mental disorders. 1. Lowers Inflammation 2. Raises Immunity 3. Reinforces Good Habits 4. Puts Us in Touch with Our True Purpose, Which Fights Anxiety and Depression
Find time for that hobby you enjoy that causes your body to move and get sun (hormone health) at the same time: hiking, bad mitten, tennis, walking, riding bike, mini golf, etc.
Here are some other steps to survive any cancer diagnosis:
- Address Nutritional deficiencies – Proper nutrition and clean water – One great way to seriously weaken a cancer cell is to cut off the supply of sugars and foods that promote its growth.
- Employing Detoxification Remedies – Toxicity has become epidemic in or society today and is a major cause of increased hormonal imbalance and autoimmune diseases. Clearing the cells and the body of its toxic overload is critical. Believe it or not stress is the number one toxic load.
- Immune building
- Natural Chemotherapies – Amygdalin, vitamin B17, selectively targets and destroys cancer cells while healthy cells remain unharmed. The substance is naturally occurring in many plant foods, including apple seeds, bitter almonds and apricot pits, and may also be obtained through oral supplements or administered intravenously.
- Lifestyle changes: adequate sleep, sunlight & exercise.
- Oxygen therapies – An inexpensive way to get more oxygen is through exercise and proper breathing. I am not referring to yoga here. Exercise and proper breathing (deep breathing) brings on better levels of needed oxygen and gets rid of toxins through the lungs. Take a full breath, in through the nose and then expand the stomach fully, like blowing air into a balloon, hold the air for a few seconds and then through pursed lips, expel the air out slowly. Repeat 5 times. You can find this breathing technique through a program called Oxycise.
- A positive attitude – putting positive thoughts with God’s Word, thinking lovely thoughts (Philippians 4:11), making positive confessions, being around healthy laughter.
- Spiritual cleansing – worship your creator, sing and dance, get a notebook and hand write the book of Psalms any part of the scripture that encourages you.
1. HEALTHY FATS
How much: 5 to 7 servings per day (one serving is equal to 1 teaspoon of oil, 2 walnuts, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed, 1 ounce of avocado)
For cooking, use extra-virgin olive oil and expeller-pressed grape seed oil.
Other sources of healthy fats include nuts (especially walnuts), avocados, and seeds, including hemp seeds and freshly ground flaxseed.
Omega-3 fats are also found in cold-water fish, omega-3 enriched eggs, and whole-soy foods.
Organic, expeller-pressed, high-oleic sunflower or safflower oils may also be used, as well as walnut and hazelnut oils in salads and dark roasted sesame oil as a flavoring for soups and stir-fries.
Why: Healthy fats are those rich in either monounsaturated or omega-3 fats. Extra-virgin olive oil is rich in polyphenols with antioxidant activity.
Grain fed farm-raised animals change fatty acid ratios and denatures good fats. Invest in your health with grass-fed and free range meats. Also limit your portion to the size of your fist.
- In a University of Minnesota study, women who ate overcooked hamburgers increased their breast cancer risk by more than 50 percent
- An Iowa Women’s Health Study found that women who regularly ate well-done steak, hamburgers and bacon had a shocking 4.62-fold increase in their risk of developing breast cancer.
3. NATURAL Sugars
Berries, Cranberries vs. Cancer (suppress cancer cell growth), Strawberries vs. Esophageal Cancer (reverse the progression to esophageal cancer), Black Raspberries vs. Oral Cancer (may cause complete clinical regression of precancerous oral lesions)
- Check out this Pink Juice recipe (this video offers other important information).
- Oranges, tangerines, lemons, and grapefruit – Sprinkle grated citrus zest (from organic fruits) into salad dressings or breakfast cereals, or steep in tea or hot water. Eat whole fruits out of hand, toss with other fruits in a salad, or use in a salsa
Honey-improves immune status, has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and promotes healing of chronic ulcers and wounds and scavenge toxic free radicals. Recently honey has been shown to have anti-cancer properties in cell cultures. *Turmeric Tea Below
Dark leafy greens – they are packed with cancer fighting antioxidants.
How much: 4 to 5 servings per day minimum (one serving is equal to 2 cups salad greens or ½ cup vegetables cooked, raw, or juiced)
Healthy choices: Studies show spinach & radicchio protect from more cancers across the board. Lightly cooked dark leafy greens (*spinach, *radicchio, collard greens, kale, Swiss chard), cruciferous vegetables high in vitamin C (broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale, bok choy and cauliflower), carrots, beets, onions, peas, squashes, sea vegetables and washed raw salad greens.
In the book “The Mother of All Antioxidants” by Mark Hyman, MD, the body’s “master antioxidant” is glutathione. Here are some foods that boost the glutathione antioxidant: Arugula, broccoli (over 1,000 nutrients), Brussels sprouts cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, kale, mustard greens, radish, turnip, watercress.
Why: Leafy Green Vegetables provide cornerstone healing through the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, and Isothiocyanates (ITCs) found in leafy greens, help your cells detox. They are rich in flavonoids and carotenoids with both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. Go for a wide range of colors, eat them both raw and cooked, and choose organic when possible.
4. BEANS (click for soaking information) this is need to for nutrient assimilation that enzyme inhibitors, Polyphenols, Lectins and Saponins block.
5. DARK CHOCOLATE the darker the better because of anti-inflammatory catechins
6. GREEN TEA because of anti-inflammatory catechins (not the surgery kind)
7. BERRIES their ellagic acid and other polyphenol antioxidants hinder tumor growth.
8. EAT RAW SOAKED NUTS. Almonds, walnuts, *pecans, brazil nuts, pine nuts, Brazil Nuts (convinces cancer cells to commit suicide and helps cells repair their DNA. Aim for two tablespoons daily. *GINGERBREAD ENERGY BITES
- pecans contain oleic acid, a fatty acid with some promising reduced risk of breast cancer by induce migration and proliferation in breast cancer cells, and promote an increase in breast cancer cell invasiveness.
Did you know 1-2 handfuls a week during adolescence Breast Cancer for prevention.
Note: no peanuts. They contain especially high lectin levels plus peanuts can contain a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin.
9. SEEDS Flax seeds, Chia seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds (tahini)
- Pumpkin Seeds (Immune Building)
- Chia (highest source of Omega 3) protein, fiber, antioxidants, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium (2,3). To use, soak chia seeds in water overnight and add 1/4 tbsp per cup of smoothie.
How much: Throughout the day
Healthy choices: Drink pure water, or drinks that are mostly water (tea, very diluted fruit juice, sparkling water with lemon) throughout the day.
Why: Water is vital for overall functioning of the body.
11. SPICES – Top 4 Cancer fighters Oregano, Garlic, Cayenne, Turmeric
- *Ginger – is a spice that’s been used for centuries for inflammation and pain, to soothe sore muscles and throats, and combat general aches and fatigue. *Turmeric Tea Below *GINGERBREAD ENERGY BITES
- Turmeric – is an anti-aging, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory super spice. Turmeric’s benefits is a potent antioxidant that dramatically reduces inflammation (while also giving the spice its vibrant yellow color). Curcumin an active ingredient in Turmeric is difficult to absorb from the turmeric itself. It does not interfere with your immune system. Mix it with black pepper, with fats like coconut oil, (Turmeric) inhibits the growth of tumor cells in a variety of cancers and improves insulin resistance in subjects with altered Metabolic function.
- *Cinnamon also blocks growth factors associated with abnormal cell growth, thus protecting against cancer. *Turmeric Tea Below *GINGERBREAD ENERGY BITES
- Coconut contains medium chain fatty acids are metabolized differently than long-chain for a beneficial boost in metabolism. Lauric acid, the colon cancer killing property is found in coconut oil.
- Chia seeds high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are responsible for metabolic processes that help fight inflammation.
- Nutmeg-significantly reduces new blood vessel growth that feeds tumors. Myristicin, a component of nutmeg essential oil, inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells. *Turmeric Tea Below
How much: 2 to 4 cups per day
Healthy choices: White, green, oolong teas
Why: Tea is rich in catechins, antioxidant compounds that reduce inflammation. Purchase high-quality tea and learn how to brew it correctly for maximum taste and health benefits.
A steady supply of nutrients like essential vitamins, trace minerals, healthy fats, electrolytes, amino acids and antioxidants all help your brain handle stress better, therefore benefiting your entire body.
Nutrient dense smoothies:
Smoothies are a great way to get all of the fiber, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants that are found in a variety of fresh produce.
1 Rib Celery
1 Cup Kale
1/2 Cup Strawberries
1/2 Lime Wedge (peeled)
1 Cup Coconut Water
Celery is Chemo-Protective, prevents a host of cancer formations, specifically breast cancer, lung cancer, intestinal cancer, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer and leukemia.
It also boosts the immune system, thereby mitigating mutated cells from proliferating and causing tumorous formations.
Celery’s bioactive flavonoids apigenin and luteolin combats free radicals in the body and kill cancer cells by depriving it of the food they need to grow and multiply.kills cancer cells by encouraging programmed cell death that causes malignant cells to self-destruct themselves.
Apigenin: An Antioxidant, anti-tumor and powerful anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Lowers the risk of developing breast cancer by 19%, and ovarian cancer by 20%.
- It works on even fatal and fast growing breast tumors by stopping cell multiplication and mitigating a gene that causes cancer growth.
- Lower the risk of contracting lung cancer by a whopping 60%.
- Blocks GLUT-1, which is elevated in head and neck cancers.
- suppressed tumor growth in PLC cells
- in combination with chrysin, causes cell death and prevents metastasis in human breast and liver cancer cells
- prevents colorectal cancer cell growth, invasion, and migration
- caused cell death and lowered viability in choriocarcinoma cells
- suppressed melanoma metastasis in mice and prevent cancerous movement in humans
- delayed breast cancer tumor growth by preventing cell cycle progression
Hinders the Replication Cycle of Cancer Cells-Luteolin present in celery hinders the replication cycle of cancer cells. It stops the signal pathways (IGF and PI3K) which encourage the growth of cancer cells, specifically colorectal cancers.
- stimulates apoptosis (cellular death) in cancer cells and prevent cancer formation.
- It is the hue of these nutrients that provides kale with a natural defense against solar radiation damage.
- Provides chemo protection-chemopreventive effects of kale’s sulforaphane protects cells by binding to genes that induce antioxidant pathways in the body.
- Colon Cancer-Inflammation in the intestines produces damaging reactive oxygen species (ROS) which initiate DNA damage, reduces oxygen flow to tissue
- Liver Cancer-increases the cellular levels of the super antioxidant powerhouse glutathione. Restrain ROS from damaging liver cells and can combat the development of liver cancer.
- Bladder Cancer-high in sulfur-containing veggies, like kale, can significantly reduce the risk of bladder cancer and suppress its recurrence or progression.
- Inhibiting cancers pertaining to the respiratory system
- Oral Cancer- halts the progression of cancer cells
In a study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry Quercetin inhibit growth, deactivated specific carcinogens and decreased the replication, destroy cancer cells
Quercetin, found abundantly strawberries, is a member of a large class of plant compounds called flavonoids, which have demonstrated anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and antiviral activity in other studies. There have been previous reports of similar effects of quercetin in other human cancer cell cultures, including colon cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, leukemia and lung cancer.
Studies have revealed that Limonins lemon extract can successfully destroy malignant cells in a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, colon cancer, and lung cancer. Helps fight cancers of the mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon.
GINGERBREAD ENERGY BITES
Author: Rachel Conners
Serves: 14 balls
1 cup pitted dates, about 12
1 cup toasted pecans (*info. above)
1 tablespoon molasses (info. below)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (*info. above)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 oz. dark chocolate, to drizzle (optional)
1 Roughly chop the pitted dates and add them to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until they’re broken down into small bits or a paste.
2 Add the toasted pecans, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and pulse until combined. The pecans should be in small bits – be careful not to over-process or the oils will start to separate. If this happens, just dab off the excess oil with a paper towel.
3 Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
4 Finely chop the dark chocolate and melt in the microwave. Place the melted chocolate into a zip bag or piping bag, snip the corner and drizzle over the energy balls. Let chocolate harden in the refrigerator.
5 Keep stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.
The basic idea is that you throw dates + nuts + extras in the food processor, and process until it’s all broken down into a cookie dough-like mixture. You then roll them into balls, pop them in the freezer, and eat them all day, every day.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites, Lemon Date Energy Bites, Almond Joy Energy Bites, Pumpkin Pie Spice Date Balls, Pina Colada Date Balls, Coconut Energy Bites, Dark Chocolate and Cherry Date Balls, and Peanut Butter and Jelly Date Balls.
Molasses – Molasses should be used regularly to prevent cancer, especially cancer of the blood. Take 1 teaspoon of molasses before meals. Mix it with a little water and sip it. A stagnant cellular condition contributes in large measure to cancerous conditions, including breast cancer. Molasses can play an important role in preventing a stagnant cellular condition. Blackstrap Molasses, maintains that an important constituent of molasses is phosphoric acid; a combined deficiency of this and potassium in the human body “causes a general breakdown of the cells, especially those of the brain and nerves.” To treat cancer and tumors, take 1 tablespoon of molasses, 2 times a day, along with vitamins A,C, and E. Molasses is good for the breast, uterus, intestines and tongue. This remedy is adapted from the book Healing Edibles & Other Home Remedies by Joe and Elsa Willis, with Maranatha Medical Ministries in Honderous.
Medhjool Dates – The iron content, a component of hemoglobin in red blood cells, determines the balance of oxygen in the blood. Cancer prevention minerals are calcium (protection from colon cancer), iodine (protects from breast cancer), magnesium (maintains pH balance), selenium (an antioxidant fights against cancer), zinc (prostate, formation of RNA DNA immune system).
All this might seem daunting, but if you have the time, and more importantly the discipline, it’s not as difficult as you might think to make better food choices for your best life now.
Here are some further steps you can do now to support the cancer cure alternative?
FREE Access to all 10 modules of Square One: Healing Cancer Coaching Program:
SQUARE ONE – It doesn’t matter how you’ve been affected by cancer – whether it’s impacted you directly, or you’ve seen it affect your friends or loved ones – the information in these videos is incredible. Visit the web site Chris Beat Cancer. Chris has been Cancer-free for over 13 years. Let him help you show you a radically new approach for prevention and healing.
Own your own “The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest” a 9 part Docu-Series. This one is also worth purchasing.
- Cancer Tutor
- Amazing Health